“Do Starbucks Refreshers have caffeine?” has been a common question of many Starbucks customers since Starbucks launched the famous Refreshers line. This suspicion is reasonable as Starbucks is a chain of coffeehouses. That means its products may contain a certain amount of caffeine.
In this post, we will answer that question and provide some facts about Starbucks Refreshers and their caffeine amount.
What is Starbucks Refresher?
What is Starbucks Refresher? Starbucks Refreshers are a line of beverages made from green coffee extract and real fruit juice. They were released in 2012 with the statement of being made from unroasted 100% Arabica beans and tasting distinguished from traditional brewed coffee. They are for anyone who wants caffeine iced drinks but not into the taste of coffee.
What makes Starbucks Refreshers different from other Starbucks coffee is the fruit juice base, freeze dried fruit inclusions and green coffee extract.
The base of fruit juice contributes to their unique flavor, while the freeze dried fruit inclusions add an exotic, tasty texture and eye catching appearance.
Different variations of the Starbucks Refreshers come from adding flavor and alter the color of baseline drinks. There are three refreshers types:
- Regular Refreshers: Fruity base with water and freeze-dried fruits shaken with ice.
- Lemonade version: Fruity base mixed with lemonade to enhance the tang and reduce sweetness by the delightful zing of lemonade.
- Coconut Milk version: A tropical-inspired refresher with creamy coconut milk added.
Do Starbucks refreshers have caffeine?
Do Starbucks refreshers have caffeine? Yes, every Starbucks refresher has caffeine. The amount of caffeine included is based on how much extract is in. One cup of Starbucks Refresher contains from 35 mg to 90mg caffeine.
This caffeine amount is not as much as coffee like Espresso (contains 150mg), but if you are caffeine sensitive or want to limit your intake, you should look for alternatives. Starbucks does not provide any caffeine-free or decaffeinated refreshers.
Popular Starbucks Refreshers
Starbucks Refreshers come in various flavors. If you are curious about choosing one of them to try, you might want to start with the most popular options.
By sale numbers and customer surveys, here are the top most popular Starbucks Refreshers:
Strawberry Açaí Starbucks Refresher
The Strawberry Açaí is the most popular Starbucks Refresher drink, taking the top spot in the customers’ favorite Refresher and keeping them coming back for more.
- Flavor: Sweet strawberry flavors accented by passion fruits and açaí notes, shaken with ice and topped with freeze-dried strawberry to make a welcoming sweet spot of refreshment.
Pink Drink Starbucks Refresher
The brightly-colored drink that is familiar to many Starbucks regulars and showed up across social media platforms, especially Instagram.
- Flavor: Crisp Strawberry Açaí Refreshers accented by passion fruit and combined with creamy coconutmilk and shaken with ice, which evokes a fruity and refreshing sip of spring.
Mango Dragonfruit Refresher
This Refresher comes with a tropical flavor profile of Mango and Dragon fruit that brings the tangy and mild taste.
- Flavor: A refreshing combination of sweet mango and dragonfruit flavors and hand-shaken with ice plus real diced dragon fruit.
Dragon Drink Starbucks Refresher
The Dragon Drink is another popular Refresher with coconut milk from Starbucks.
- Flavor: Tropical-inspired drink crafted with sweet mango and dragonfruit flavors and shaken with ice, creamy coconutmilk and real dragonfruit, which creates a refreshing and surprising delight in the fall.
How much caffeine is in Starbucks refreshers
How much caffeine is in Starbucks Refreshers depends on the amount of extract in them. That means Starbucks cup sizes will determine the caffeine content of drinks.
- How much caffeine in Starbucks Refresher tall
The smallest size of Starbucks Refreshers contains 35mg caffeine. This amount is just a little higher than a grande hot chocolate with 25mg caffeine included.
- How much caffeine in Starbucks Refresher grande
Grande Starbucks Refreshers has 10 more milligrams of caffeine, compared to a tall. It has a moderate amount of 45mg caffeine.
- How much caffeine in Starbucks Refresher venti
A venti size contains 70mg caffeine, twice as much caffeine as the tall one.
- How much caffeine in Starbucks Refresher trenta
The amount of caffeine included in Starbucks biggest size of iced drinks is 90mg. This is close to the standard cup of joe and doubles a grande size’s caffeine.
Sources of Starbucks Refreshers
Then, the question is, How do Starbucks Refreshers have caffeine? Caffeine in Starbucks Refreshers all comes from the green coffee extract. This extract is derived from Arabica green coffee beans which have not been roasted. This makes a different flavor for green coffee extract beverage. It’s nothing like the traditional roasted coffee and has no coffee taste at all.
Also, the green coffee extract maintains a high level of chlorogenic acid that is lost during the roasting process. This natural compound has several health benefits such as anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects.
Does Starbucks Serve Caffeine-Free Refresher Alternatives?
Yes, Starbucks serves several caffeine-free alternatives.
If you look for Caffeine-Free drinks, Starbucks Refreshers line is not for you. All of them have a certain amount of caffeine.
However, Starbucks offers some caffeine-free options for anyone who avoids caffeine. Here are some of them, both cold and hot drinks:
- Blended Strawberry Lemonade
- Vanilla Creme
- Iced Passion Tango Tea
- Iced Passion Tango Tea Lemonade
- Peach Tranquility Herbal Tea
- Mint Majesty Herbal Tea
- Caramel Apple Spice
You can also order milk, fruit juice, sparkling water at Starbucks. They serve all of them.
Although Starbucks Refreshers use green coffee extract and do not have as much caffeine as other roasted beans, it is true that Starbucks Refreshers have caffeine in their ingredients. The amount varies from 35mg-90mg, depending on the size cup.
Above are the best and detail answer Do Starbucks refreshers have caffeine? from https://lapulperia.info. Hope you have more information after reading our sharing