Mexican Chicken Salad, or ensalada de pollo, is loaded with flavor and filled with luscious chicken, Mexican mayonnaise, and vegetables. This chicken salad is simple to prepare and makes a delicious and nutritious meal. How to make Mexican chicken salad? Learn how to make healthy and easy Mexican chicken salad recipes by reading on.
How to Make Mexican Chicken Salad
Mexican Chicken Salad is a delicious, fresh salad made with flavorful, exquisite chicken, Mexican mayonnaise or any Mexican chicken salad dressing. La Pulperia gives you an Mexican chicken salad recipe’s preparation instruction.
You need to prepare the ingredients and spices below:
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 12 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 5-10 cherry tomatoes
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 sweet corn
- 14 cans of black beans
- 1/3 cup brown rice
- 2 peeled garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- salt, chili powder, pepper
How to make Mexican chicken salad? Here are detailed steps for making your delicious Mexican Chicken Salad with cilantro dressing.
Step 1: Season the chicken for half an hour to 1 hour to infuse the flavors. Preheat the oven to 176 degrees Celsius.
Step 2: Cut green peppers and onions into long strips.
Step 3: Slice the chicken into 4-6 thin strips. Then, on the baking sheet, arrange the onion, green pepper, and chicken. Top with garlic and olive oil. The chicken should be thoroughly cooked and browned after 25 minutes in the oven.
Step 4: While the chicken is grilling, combine 1/3 cup rice and 2/3 cup water in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 4 minutes, stirring halfway through. Bring the pan to the oven for 4 minutes. Continue until the rice is cooked.
Step 5: Continue to boil all the greens until they are cooked at right texture.
Step 6: Mix all the vegetables, then arrange them on a plate and top with cooked rice. Continue with the chicken, green peppers, and onions on top of the corn and beans, lettuce, and cilantro vinaigrette. To add color, thinly slice tomatoes and sprinkle on top.
Do you know about Ensalada de Pollo (Mexican Chicken Salad)?
Mexican chicken salad, or Ensalada de Pollo, is a Mexican-inspired chicken salad. This dish contains the passionate and attractive flavors typical of Mexico. This Mexican chopped chicken salad is out of this world and can be ready in half an hour if you don’t include the marinating step.
It often contains summer vegetables like sweet corn, avocado, lime, romaine lettuce, cherry tomatoes, and black beans. It’s also topped with a homemade creamy avocado and fresh cilantro dressing and packed with delectable grilled Mexican-style chicken.
Imagine enjoying a delicious Ensalada de Pollo (Mexican Chicken Salad) dish on a hot summer day. It will definitely make you forget about your tiredness and give you the energy to enjoy the summer games.
One of the best aspects of making any type of Ensalada de Pollo is that it can serve a large number of people. This makes it ideal not only for a family dinner, but also for picnics, barbeques, potlucks, and even the holiday season.
What To Eat It With Mexico Chicken Salad
How to make Mexican chicken salad? Mexican Chicken Salad goes well with many side dishes. You can try some of the typical foods of Mexico below to combine with your mouthwatering salad.
|Tostadas||This is a Mexican version of pizza. It’s typically made with a fried corn tortilla, salsa, cheese, and beans on top. Chicken salad Tostadas bring a perfect texture and flavor to balance your Mexican Chicken Salad.|
|Crackers||Crackers are Cristy and crunch with a charming taste. Many people often combine it with salad to increase the flavor.|
|Tortilla chips||A tortilla chip is a type of snack with the shape of a triangle and is fried or baked. Tortilla chips are wonderful with salad because they are fresh, crunchy, and perfectly browned.|
|Rice||Rice goes well with any kind of meat, especially chicken with rich dressing. Rice is also high in carbs, vitamins, and minerals.|
|Burritos||Burrito consists of an outer shell made of flour mixed with fried corn, and the inside is meat and raw vegetables. Burrito is a bit heavy to eat, so light, fresh chicken salad combined is a good solution.|
|Tacos||The traditional Mexican dish taco is made with cornmeal or flour for a crispy exterior and a variety of fillings inside. Tacos and chicken salad are an excellent pairings.|
Ingredients & Optional Additions and Alterations
How to make Mexican chicken salad? You can spice things up with these additional components.
Marinade for Chicken
- garlic powder
- smoked paprika
- dried oregano
- salt and black pepper
- lime juice: A lovely surge of acidity from fresh lime juice helps tenderize the meat.
- Peas: Add an amazing taste and texture to your salad.
- Olives: For richness and fruity flavor, you can use olive oil.
- Shredded carrots: For sweet flavor and color bursts.
- Red bell peppers
- Diced or shredded asparagus
- Chopped cucumbers: For crunch and a solid bed of crisp greens, cucumber is a suitable replacement.
- Shredded cabbage: Cabbage is fresh and has many nutrients.
- Cherry Tomatoes: Brings a beautiful sweetness to the salad.
- Avocados: avocados are great for their creamy texture and healthful fats.
Cilantro and lime dressing are common ingredients in many Mexican Chicken Salad recipes. To make this, reading El Pollo Loco Cilantro Dressing
Prepare Dressing and Other Ingredients
How to make Mexican chicken salad? A tasty, mouthwatering dressing is a must in any Mexican salad dish.
Guacamole is a traditional, creamy salsa from Mexico. Guacamole’s major ingredient is pureed butter blended with spices such as garlic, onions, coriander, lemon, salt, tomatoes, and jalapeno peppers. You only need a few ingredients to prepare simple Guacamole at home.
- Avocado that is tender but not overripe
- onions (white or red)
- cherry tomatoes
- garlic clove
- coriander bunch
- salt, and pepper.
Step 1: Peel the onion’s outer dry skin, then wash and cut the pomegranate seeds.
Step 2: Garlic is minced after peeling off the dry outer shell.
Step 3: Wash the tomatoes, halve them, remove the guts, and dice them.
Step 4: Remove the coriander roots, pick off the dead leaves, wash them, place them in a basket to dry, and then finely slice them.
Step 5: Place the avocado in a basin with 12 teaspoons of lemon juice and crush it with a fork, but not too finely.
Step 6: Place the prepared garlic, red onion, coriander, and tomato in the bowl of broken butter. Then, for the ingredients, add 1 pinch of salt and 12 teaspoons of salt and combine thoroughly meld together
Step 7: Taste again to see if extra lemon juice or salt is required. Now you can serve the Guacamole with chicken salad tostadas.
Creamy Sour Salsa:
This dressing has a tangy taste and a creamy texture. It also has extremely few calories. Read on to know how to make a creamy sour salsa:
- 2 tsp of fresh lime juice
- 1 cup of mayonnaise (Mexican mayonnaise)
- 1 cup of salsa
- 1 tsp lime zest
- Salt, pepper
After having all the components, blend all of the ingredients in a blender until smooth. Then you can serve it with your Mexican chicken salad and enjoy.
Variations of Mexican Chicken Salad
Explore different variations of this salad, using different types of beans, or incorporating tropical fruits like mango or pineapple.
Black Bean and Avocado Delight
Incorporate black beans instead of traditional kidney beans for a unique twist.
Dice ripe avocado and toss it in for creaminess and extra nutrition.
Add some cherry tomatoes and a splash of lime juice for a burst of freshness.
Tropical Mango-Pineapple Extravaganza
Dice fresh mango and pineapple to bring a sweet and tangy element to the salad.
Consider using grilled or shredded coconut for added texture and flavor.
Top with toasted cashews or almonds for a delightful crunch.
Cilantro-Lime Chicken and Quinoa Power Salad
Marinate the chicken in a cilantro-lime dressing before grilling for an herby infusion.
Replace regular lettuce with nutrient-rich quinoa for a hearty salad base.
Mix in diced cucumbers and red bell peppers for refreshing crunch.
How To Store Mexican Chicken Salad
To have best Mexican chicken salad, you should also learn to store it properly. Mexican chicken salad is a tasty dish that is perfect during the day or night. But it can quickly become tasteless, mushy, and even contain harmful bacteria if not properly frozen. Follow these tips to store your Mexican Chicken Salad:
- You should only keep chicken salad at room temperature (26 to 27 degrees Celsius) for 2 hours. Consuming cooked chicken after this time may result in food contamination because bacteria in food multiply to dangerous levels.
- Frozen chicken salad can be stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 days and in the freezer for up to 3 months. However, the dish’s quality and taste will deteriorate over time, so consume it within one month.
- To keep your Mexican chicken salad fresh and safe, follow these freezing instructions. First, make sure the chicken salad is completely cool before freezing it. Choose an airtight and user-friendly freezer container. Allow some space in the container to allow for future growth.
- Refrigerate the chicken salad overnight before serving.
- Date the container so you know when it is no longer edible.
Mexican Chicken Salad Recipe Tips & Notes
Follow these tips to make a healthy Mexican Chicken Salad.
- If you can’t find store-bought tostadas, simply buy corn tortillas and make your own.
- When it comes to cooking tortillas, Cook for a few seconds on one side and cook one to two tortillas at a time.
- You should eat your Mexican Chicken Salad within 3 days to enjoy the most out of its favor.
- Make sure your avocado is firm and not overripe.
- Chicken breasts are a good choice because they are low in fat and high in protein.
- Greek yogurt can be substituted with plain whole-milk yogurt.
- Rest for 5-7 minutes before slicing it.
- Overcooking the chicken will result in it being dry and rubbery.
Mexican chicken salad, also known as Ensalada de Pollo, is simple to prepare and makes a tasty and nutritious lunch. La Pulperia hopes that this post has provided you with information about the healthy Mexican chicken salad calories and that you will try some Mexican chicken salad recipes.
Above are the delicious and best recipes to make Mexican chicken salad from https://lapulperia.info. Hope you cook it well after reading our sharing.