If you were born in the early 90s looking for the nostalgic flavors of peanut butter or want to experience a peanut butter crank, this is the article for you. We will take you back to your childhood with a simple peanut butter crank recipe that tastes amazing.
Peanut butter crank has a golden brown to brown crunch and softens through the baking method. Its creator has gone through many stages to get the dish as it is today.
Initially, cotton was originally a popular crop in the US, but due to severe crop damage, George Washington Carver – an agricultural extension teacher, changed it to peanuts.
Not only that, but he also researched and discovered recipes with ingredients from peanuts. After many successes and failures, he launched a peanut butter cake in the early 1930s.
Over time, the cake is still loved by thousands of people and maintains its popularity.
Perhaps because the cake has existed for a long time, it has become the memory cake of those born in this period.
Things You Should Know
The process of making a cake is not too complicated. However, you need to understand the basics of peanut butter crank thoroughly.
To make the cake look like the original version, the cook should follow the steps correctly and prepare all the ingredients we give.
Although the cake is easy to make, if you pass the wrong ratio or substitute a few ingredients, the cake will fall apart. Each cake has a different characteristic shape like the Brenda is round, but the peanut butter cake is almost square.
The way to create the perfect cake and taste the most traditional is to follow the sequence.
More specifically, if we recommend peanut butter, you should use that type instead of using other ingredients. Cooking time also needs to be according to the schedule we give.
If you’ve ever tried a peanut butter crank at the store, you’ll notice that each cake has a different flavor. They are all made from peanut butter, but some use butter ingredients entirely.
Some add herbs like cinnamon to give people a strange feeling. In today’s article, we will introduce you to the full recipe to help you have more choices with baking.
Peanut Butter Crank Recipe
- Ten ounces of peanut butter fries
- Two cups of peanut butter ice cream
- Two eggs
- A quarter teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- Two cups of flour.
- One 3/4 of dark brown sugar
- One tablespoon of baking soda
- One cup of softened, unsalted butter
- Two tablespoons vanilla
- Half teaspoon salt
Steps to follow
- Set the oven temperature to 375°F (oven)
- Mix salt, flour, cinnamon, and baking soda into a bowl
- Next, whisk the eggs, peanut butter, and cream in another bowl. Then add the brown sugar and mix well.
- Mix the two ingredients, and add vanilla to flavor the cake.
- When they are combined, the finished product is quite thick and not chewy or easily crumpled like cookies. Therefore, you should use a spoon to scoop the dough, divide it into small portions, and place it on a baking tray. Note, line the layer of foil above the tray.
- Place the cakes away from each other and start baking. The cake will have a more robust flavor if the dough is frozen overnight. However, this step is optional, so you can do it or not.
- Bake the cake for 8-9 minutes, often pressing down on the surface with a fork.
- After the time has elapsed for 8-9 minutes or more, depending on how golden the cake is, wait a few more minutes to cool it down and set it to the cooling mode for 15 minutes.
- After the cooling process, take out the cake and start enjoying it.
Traditional Peanut Butter Crank Recipe
- One tablespoon of baking powder
- One teaspoon of baking soda
- One cup of peanut butter
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup white sugar and 1 cup brown sugar
- Two ½ cups of flour
Step to follow
- Mix cream butter, peanut butter, and sugar together. Pour the beaten eggs into the mixture.
- Use a separate bowl and stir in the rest of the ingredients. Chill it for 1 hour in the fridge.
- Combine flour and butter, and mix until dissolved.
- Set oven temperature to 375°F. Line the tray with foil. Roll the dough into balls and place them on the tray. Use a fork to flatten them into squares.
- Cook for 10 minutes or more until golden brown.
Note that the cake is of the classic type, so try to beat the eggs or mix the dough manually, although it is a bit more complex and time-consuming than modern tools.
Serving and Enjoyment
As you take a moment to appreciate the dessert’s presentation, the anticipation of that first bite builds. Cutting the Peanut Butter Crank into squares reveals its intricate layers, inviting you and your guests to experience the perfect balance of sweetness and texture. With every forkful, you’ll discover a delightful dance of flavors that culminate in a truly exceptional dessert experience.
Tips And Tricks For Preservation
- If you don’t finish your cake, store it in the freezer. Shelf life is 3 months.
- If you eat them shortly, store them in an airtight container or food wrap. Ensure the lid is always covered to prevent the cake from infiltrating by air.
How Peanut Butter Crank Benefit
For some cakes, diners need to add a domino’s garlic sauce to help increase the fatness of the dish. However, the peanut butter crank is made from butter, so it’s full of fat. You don’t have to add any sauce. Peanut crackers provide extra fiber, reducing type 2 diabetes and the risk of obesity.
In addition, the fat in the cake is unsaturated, so it increases good cholesterol effectively for the heart. Don’t worry too much about gas or bloating when you overeat peanut butter crank because 4.21g niacin is enough for good digestion and energy production.
Moreover, for those in a state of frequent heartburn, this is the most suitable cake to neutralize stomach acid. Peanuts are nuts that reduce the risk of benign breast cancer.
Peanut butter crank is a culinary specialty with a strong taste of childhood and memories. The ingredients and the implementation process are not too tricky, so it is easy for professionals and people who rarely go to the kitchen.
With today’s article, we believe you already know how to make peanut butter crank recipes in many different ways.
I hope the above information brings many valuable things to your life. If you have any questions, leave a comment below. We will try to solve it in the shortest time.
Thank you for reading.